After 24 years of artistic hiatus, Horst Grabosch returns to the music business in 2020. Under the stage names Entprima Jazz Cosmonauts, Alexis Entprima and Captain Entprima, the former professional trumpeter is working his way into electronic music production. In 2022, his first book is published, followed by two more in the same year. With his socially critical and at the same time humorous song lyrics, and various philosophical blog articles, the musician turns more and more into a dazzling synthesis of the arts and soulseeker.
Storyteller in words and sound
The above title is certainly the best choice, if you want to reduce Horst Grabosch’s artist profile to a headline. When a burnout ended his first career as a musician, he asked himself for the first time what his variety of musical styles in which he worked professionally meant for his mission statement and his true talent. Unable to find an answer, he turned to a completely new field of work and retrained as an information technologist.
After his second burnout, he intensified his efforts to find an answer and began to write. Some insights into his unknown life drives emerged from these texts, but only the completion of his novel ‘Der Seele auf der Spur’ in 2021 brought the answer. His outstanding talent is his boundless imagination and the ability to bring the individual stories into an artistic form and connect them to a greater whole.
In this respect, the experiences from his earlier work as a musician in jazz, pop, classical music and theatre and later as an information technologist are the nourishment for his current work as a music producer and writer.
- was born in 1956 in Wanne-Eickel/Germany
- studied German, philosophy and musicology in Bochum and Cologne until 1979
- graduated as an orchestral trumpet player from the Folkwang Academy of Music in Essen in 1984
- worked as a freelance musician until 1997 and had to give up this profession after a burnout
- retrained as an information technologist at Siemens-Nixdorf in Munich until 1999
- worked as a freelance information technologist until 2019
- produces electronic music since 2020 and writes all kinds of lyrics
- lives in the south of Munich